[TriLUG] PDA's and Linux

Geoff Purdy geoff_purdy at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 17:06:18 EST 2004

> I'm also concidering an iPAQ with Familiar Linux and
OPIE. Any one using
> this setup? Any other suggestions?

I played around with Familiar on an iPAQ 3835 for a
while.  I used it mostly as a novelty (i.e. running an
internal webserver on it) but couldn't figure out how
to take advantage of the useful PDA functions.  Then
again, I have far less expertise than most on this
list.

After a brief period of frustration, I bought a Zaurus
SL-5500 which I use heavily now.  My only gripe with
the 5500 is that battery life is poor while using the
CF wlan card.