[TriLUG] PDA's and Linux

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Thu Apr 1 10:56:09 EST 2004

The info I was able to get off of #handhelds.org (irc.trilug.org - shameless
TriLUG plug) was that the iPAQ 5000 series was the best supported and the
2000 and 4000 series were the worst. The 3000 series you mentioned is
supported but not as well as the 5000.

With all that said, I decided to go with the Sharp Zaurus SL-5600 due to the
fact there is HEAVY development in openzuarus.org on ROMS that will connect
to Evolution (on the todo list). I also found it VERY inexpensive at
amazon.com ($289.00), and the NetGear MA701 cheap ($65.00). However, I spoke
to my "financial advisor" and was told it's not in the budget right now.
*Sigh* So I'll just keep plugging away at getting uCLinux/busybox/picoGUI
installed on my spare Palm IIIxe.