[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] Raleigh Hamfest this Sunday 4/4

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Apr 2 12:07:20 EST 2004

TriLUG will be sponsoring a table at the RARS Hamfest in Raleigh this
Sunday, April 4, 2004 at the Jim Graham Building at the fairgrounds.
See http://www.rars.org/hamfest/ for directions and more details.  The
event lasts from 8am until about 4pm.

Besides being a place for amateur radio operators to get together,
hamfests have large flea markets with all kinds of computer and
electronics gear.  It's a great audience for educating folks about
Linux, and it's a great fundraiser for TriLUG. At the TriLUG table we
accept donations in exchange for Linux CDs, demonstrate Linux on several
computers, and answer any questions visitors may have.  Also, we use the
computers to burn more CDs to keep up with demand.

At the table, we'll have many copies of Mandrake 10.0, the latest
Knoppix, Red Hat's "Wide Open" magazine with Fedora Core 1, and many
other CDs such as Suse, ClarkConnect, The Open CD, and maybe even some
Debian.

Please stop by, grab some CDs, check out the table, and enjoy the
hundreds of other vendors.  (Note:  there is an admission charge of $6.)

Looking forward to seeing you there!

73,
Jeremy Portzer
KI4BRY

Note: "73" is ham-speak for "Best Regards".