[TriLUG] Hamfest thanks

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Tue Apr 6 08:57:21 EDT 2004

Aaron S. Joyner said the following on 4/6/04 7:44 AM:

> Okay, the state of remastering knoppix distributions has gotten an awful
> lot easier since last I looked.  :)  For just changing the default
> language and bootup options, there are even *gasp* widows wrappers for
> doing it now!  :)  I have an ISO that ought to do the trick, I'll give
> it a test when I get home from work tonight and see just how German the
> internals really are.
>
> Those interested in slightly customizing knoppix should check out this
> URL for knoppix-customize:
> http://hydra.hq.linuxtag.net/~kester/knoppix-customize/
>
> More pointers can be found there on how to do the entire remastering
> process as well.
>
> Aaron J.

Hey, if we're customizing a knoppix distribution then perhaps we
should think of other things to do like adding a TriLUG logo to
it (hmm... perhaps we should get one first...), making the default
web page be the trilug web page, etc...  After all, we're getting
these out there mainly as a promotional tool for linux, but to a lesser
extent for the LUG itself.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace       | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace at wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton