[TriLUG] VHS to digital video

ALFRED JOHNSON alfjon at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 8 03:22:50 EDT 2004

All you need is one of Panasonic's DVD recorders which you can purchase
at Circuit City. You just connect your VCR recorder into the front or
back of the unit (which incidentally doesn't even require the use of a
computer), put a blank DVD disk and record. If you would like to have a
TiVo machine without having to pay a monthly fee or even have to
connect a box up to the telephone, Panasonic also makes a DVD recorder
with an 80 gig hard drive installed. In fact, they are on sale for
around $500 at the Circuit City in Cary. Why tie up a computer when
there are stand alone devices you can use instead. --- Al Johnson.