[TriLUG] apple file sharing protocol

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Sat Apr 10 00:15:29 EDT 2004

Aaron S. Joyner said the following on 4/9/04 10:40 PM:

[... lots of cool info snipped ...]

> similar.  If you ever get the urge to considering doing NFS over a
> public network, don't.  At least use SFS.

Or better yet, use something built to work over WANS like AFS.

I'll also add that the reason I suggested Samba instead of NFS
was that even though NFS is easy to setup on Linux, it's not
quite as easy to setup on OS X.  I run NFS at home and it
works fine.  Performance isn't an issue, but then again,
I don't have a lab full of machines.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace       | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace at wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton