[TriLUG] Green Hills calls Linux 'insecure' for defense

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 12 21:13:25 EDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 05:12:31PM -0400, matusiak wrote:
> hey -- anyone in the embedded market want to comment on this?  Green
> Hills produces their own RTOS and is obviously tired of the competition
> from Linux.  they proclaim that rogue nations such as China, Russia and
> others are potentially putting dangerous back-door/malicious code into
> Linux.

Hmmm.  Quite a few come to mind.

Windriver supports GNU c/c++.

How do we know that Green Hill is not riddled with bad guys posing as
good guys?  I wonder if they are using any open source tools in their
operation?

He's got the source, so show us the evil.

It's fear-mongering.

I pity the sheep that believe this stuff.

I suppose Green Hill is acting
on it's moral obligation to separate fools from their money.

There are bogey-men under your bed and in your closet. You should
always sleep with a light on.

You should consider RT-Linux.  The commercial RTOS are getting long in
the tooth and RT-Linux is putting price pressure on them so they can't
afford to spend money on R&D and are falling behind.  With falling
revenues they can't provide support that surpasses the accuracy and
turn-around time of open-source lists.  The commercial concerns will
make bold promises to close the sale, but there is _no_ guarantee
the promises will be upheld.
--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.