[TriLUG] Green Hills calls Linux 'insecure' for defense

Marty Ferguson marty at rtmx.net
Mon Apr 12 22:13:08 EDT 2004

My [somewhat OT] opinion, for what it's worth...

Tinkering with things, down to the microcode level, becomes
cost effective and quite feasible when trillions of dollars
are at stake... for example, when rigging an election.

Think about these issues when considering the future of
electronic voting machines without any paper trail.
I, personally, would send in an absentee ballot under those
conditions.

I've pasted below the body of the email I sent out when I first
spotted the Green Hills item in Google News.

Marty

Here's the position paper...
http://www.tinotopia.com/log/archive/000186.html

Based on this "true story" about UNIX and Ken Thomson's c compiler hack
http://www.clueless.com/jargon3.0.0/back_door.html

Considering the enormous amounts of resouces that, over history, have
been invested in rigging elections, this becomes a very convicing argument
that the probablity of electronic voting systems becomming corrupt is
99.999999999999999%

Marty