[TriLUG] help converting a perl script to zshell

Smith, Brett bsmith at bloodhoundinc.com
Tue Apr 13 15:40:42 EDT 2004

Guys~
 I need some help with a zshell script. I have searched the web and just
haven't found an answer.  I am trying to match metacharacters in filenames
(on my ftp server) so I can mark them as bad and move them. I have
everything else done in zsh.
I have the perl code to do it but I really need to convert it to zsh (or
even bash). Here is the perl code.
#!/usr/bin/perl
$dir = shift(@ARGV);
$glob = ($dir) ? $dir . "/*" : "*";
while (<${glob}>) {
$files;
$file = $_;
s/\w+//g;
s/[\.\-\/]//g;
print $dirty . " $file\n" if ($_ ne "");
}
If anyone knows the answer or could help point me in the right direction I
would appreciate it. (zsh IRC channel on freenode was devoid of human
interaction)
Thanks,

Brett Smith
IS Team
Bloodhound, Inc.
2520 Meridian Parkway, Suite 500
Durham, N.C.  27713
(919) 313-1619
bsmith at bloodhoundinc.com

Brett Smith
bsmith at bloodhoundinc.com

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipients(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information of Bloodhound Software, Inc.. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.