[TriLUG] copyright question

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 13 15:50:24 EDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 09:53:16AM -0400, Scott R. Chilcote wrote:
> If you (or someone else) is just looking for inspiration, one way to
> avoid the copyright issue is to take advantage of some of the open
> source repositories of web design ideas.  oswd.org comes to mind, but if
> you search on "open source web design" there are several sites.
>
> If you take someone's offering and improve on it, you may be able to
> make it available to other developers (depending on the licensing).

I never though of that.  That's good advice.

I think my work has cleared the ethical and
legal hurdles.  I am copylefting everything I do in this effort.
I'll check into submitting the work to open source repositories as well.

--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.