[TriLUG] [more and more OT]: Hobby Parts for Electronics

James Manning jmm at sublogic.com
Thu Apr 15 12:30:46 EDT 2004

> > Does it make you feel better saying things like "Radio Shaft"?
>
> [Jim Ray sez:] I love rhetoric, sarcasm and satire directed at no particular
> person and am here to help.

Ah, maybe that's my misunderstanding.  Since your parody is on the
name of the company and not (indeed) on any particular employee, maybe
that's my misunderstanding.  Do you feel like such satire isn't
directed at the employees of Radio Shack?

I'm honestly curious - when you mangle the name of a company like tha
above, are the employees of the company not supposed to feel attacked?

I've talked with RH friends that really hated things like having to
hear or read "HatRed Linsux" and the like, so I'm just trying to
understand whether such attacks being taken personally are the fault
of the sender or recipient.

It's kind of interesting - it really feels like an ad hominem attack
on an entire group of people, but maybe I'm missing a necessary
disassociation between the corporate entity and the employees that
work for said company.

Just curious.

Thanks!

James