[TriLUG] [Draft] Steering Committee Elections at May 13 meeting -- Nominations Due May 3

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Apr 15 14:05:39 EDT 2004

Please comment on this draft to remind membership about the elections.
(I propose this go to trilug-announce, and be sent "From"
steering at trilug.org, as I did last year)

======

TriLUG members,

We will hold elections at the next meeting.  Please nominate any
candidates for the Steering Committee that you feel are worthy of our
wonderful group!

To submit a nomination, please check with the person who you wish to
nominate first, and then post to either trilug at trilug.org, or to
steering at trilug.org.  Be sure nominations are mailed by Monday, May 3rd.

=======

Here are some details on the election process:

A person can nominate themselves.

The Steering Committee consists of 5 TriLUG members elected to serve for
one year. Elections are held yearly at our May meeting.

There are no "fixed" positions in the Steering Committee - although a
member can certainly run for the SC on a platform that is specific to
one position (say Treasurer).  Once a new Steering Committee is elected,
various duties are assigned to each individual by internal vote of the
SC.

Nominations for the 2004 Steering Committee will be closed at 6:59 PM,
Monday May 3rd.  (The Articles of Incorporation require that nominations
be made 10 days before the meeting.)

At the meeting, each candidate will have a few minutes to introduce
themselves and explain why they want to be on the Steering Committee.

Once every candidate has had their say:
  - The names of each candidate will be written on the front display
board
  - Ballots and pens will be passed out to all attending TriLUG members
  - Members will cast votes for 5 candidates on their ballots.
  - Ballots will be collected and counted
  - The 5 top candidates (receiving the most votes) will be announced at
the end of the meeting.  These members will be the newly elected
Steering Committee.

New Steering Committee members should meet with the outgoing members
after the meeting.  There is also a traditional transitional lunch that
takes place during the week following the elections.

NOTE:
  - Each member may vote for 5 candidates or less.
  - Any ballot containing more than 5 votes will not be counted.
  - Any illegible ballots will not be counted (good penmanship counts!).
  - You *must* be a registered member of TriLUG to vote.
  - NO NEW MEMBERS WILL BE REGISTERED ON THE DAY OF THE VOTE (until
after the voting has occurred).

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please email the Steering
Committee (steering at trilug.org).

Thank you, and we're looking forward to the elections.

TriLUG Steering Committee