[TriLUG] spyware

Mike Parkhurst myname17 at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 16 22:13:11 EDT 2004

Most of the spyware people are talking about is installed inadvertently
by the [Windoze] user.  It comes from malicious web sites [M$ Internet
explorer], malicious e-mail [Outlook & Outlook Express] and the
backdoors from virii [Windoze, again] that don't always get fully
cleaned.  I'm finding tons of it on the PCs at work.

It is possible that something slipped into Debian at the distribution
level, but someone would have found it by now, using Ethereal, firewall
logs, etc.

Mike