[TriLUG] Best video card to use with X windows

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Sun Apr 18 22:14:04 EDT 2004

I'm a real fan of the Matrox G4x0 series (in my case, a G450).  Matrox
even provides Linux drivers and a help forum with (Matrox-paid) staff.
I've had success with my G450 under Red Hat 7.x and 9, as well as with
Gentoo, and supposedly there is also FreeBSD (yeah, yeah) support for it
as well.

It does support OpenGL, and comes in AGP and PCI flavors.  It is, of
course, a dual-head card, so it may not be what you're looking for, but
IMHO it's a fantastic choice.

William