[TriLUG] SPARC serial console and minicom

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Mon Apr 19 11:23:06 EDT 2004

Hi all,

  I've been working on a gentoo installation on a SUN Ultra1 that I have
at home.  Serial cable console is the only way I can go, not having an
appropiate set of KVM parts.  I have Minicom working just fine, except
for one thing.  In many places through the installation you really need
a full screen with proper editing, not just line mode, as well as some
of the menus don't really work right.  Does anyone know how to set the
TTY so it'll work right?  Am I missing something really basic?

  Alternately, does anyone know off hand the release schedules for any
SPARC distros that are pending? I hear that Aurora is due, as well as
possibly Fedora Core for SPARC.

TIA

  Kevin

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

Groucho Marx