[TriLUG] Sendmail and Postfix Tutorial

Chris Knowles chrisk at trilug.org
Mon Apr 19 12:35:34 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 11:45, jsevans at nc.rr.com wrote:
> I'm looking for a online tutorial for Sendmail and/or Postfix that is written for dummies.  (i.e. that has everything spelled out).  If anyone has seen any resources likes this, please let me know.

I agree with the other reply.  I wouldn't even bother with sendmail.  (Yes, it's better than it was, No, it's still not good) Postfix is much easier to configure, such that my first sendmail install took many moons of google and ldp to get working, but for postfix I just read the main.cf file and voila was working.

CJK
--
Chris Knowles <chrisk at trilug.org>