[TriLUG] kickstart clearpart command

Timothy A. Chagnon tchagnon at nc.rr.com
Mon Apr 19 16:10:47 EDT 2004

I don't think clearpart has the ability to just clear off single
partitions.  I think it will just clear an entire drive.  If you wanted
to keep sda1 but replace sda2 and sda3, your only option would be to use
sda2 and sda3 as is, using the part keyword in the kickstart file.

For example:

part /other --onpart=/dev/sda1 --noformat
part swap --onpart=/dev/sda2
part / --onpart=/dev/sda3

In this case you would want to leave clearpart out.

For more detailed information on kickstart
Google: kickstart-docs
That'll give you the docs from anaconda.

Be wary though.  kickstart is notoriously finicky.

-Tim

--
Timothy A. Chagnon <tchagnon at nc.rr.com>