[TriLUG] Linux tapes backups and Amanda

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 10:50:54 EDT 2004

I would LOVE *LOVE* to see this discussed.  I have an old SCSI DDS2 drive which
I would like to learn how to use... as some of you know... I'm experiencing a
possible HD funeral as I type.  I have most of my stuff rsync'd, but didn't
quite get everything.  *sigh*  So tape backup on top of rsync and I'm sure to
have 100%, 100% of the time when it comes to backups.

Don't let your faith in a particular HD manufacturer ease your mind regarding
your data... backup backup backup!

laters,
David M.