[TriLUG] OT: Developer Rates

Marty Ferguson marty at rtmx.net
Fri Apr 23 12:23:58 EDT 2004

Untill they realize that they have shared interests and
common goals with people working in other industries:

Stagehands/Grips
Plumbers
Screenwriters
Musicians
Electricians
Pipefitters
Firefighters
Peace Officers (the FOP)
et cetera

All of whom may belong to guilds/unions, with some protection from
outsourcing.
Long-haul truckers have an option - work a Teamsters job, be an independent
driving contractor on someone else's truck, or become a true capitalist
entrepreneur though owning/leasing a rig and setting up the customer
contracts
themselves.

And I will repeat my prior statement that proper governance requires
the responsible regulation of industry.  This is so that school busses
do not get shoved into the path of an oncomming train by an 18 wheeler
rig with an overworked operator and lousy brakes.

Marty