[TriLUG] OT: Developer Rates

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Fri Apr 23 13:46:49 EDT 2004

Aaron S. Joyner said the following on 4/23/04 12:03 PM:

> Friendly public service announcement / reminder: IANALPOOBS  (I am not a
> Lawyer, Paralegal, or other Blood Sucker).

Aaron,

I'll register a small bit of concern over your above statement.
Pamela Jones of Groklaw (http://www.groklaw.net/) is a paralegal
and has done an immeasurable amount of work for the Free Software/Open
Source community.  I would hardly call her profession "blood sucking".
Granted, there are enough blood sucking lawyers out there to make up
for all the good ones, but in this case, I think your very wide brush
is uncalled for, even in jest.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace       | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace at wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton