[TriLUG] Linux Clustering (high availability) and file systems

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Tue Apr 27 14:42:18 EDT 2004

Gang:

Okay, I want to make a particular file system highly available.

For example, suppose, just suppose, I had a directory called
"/var/opennms" that I wanted multiple machines to be able to write to.
So if I had two active machines writing to that file system, and one
died, I'd have a third machine that could come on-line and pick up
where the failed machine left off.

It has to be fast and reliable (so nothing like NFS). Has anyone worked
with SAN equipment where we could dual attach two or more machines over
SCSI or Fiber Channel?

How do Linux Clusters handle making data highly available.

Relevant links and RTFM suggestions welcome.

-T

___
Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer			Main:		+1 919 545 2553
Blast Internet Services, Inc.			Fax:			+1 503-961-7746
Email: tarus at opennms.org				URL: http://www2.blast.com/tarus
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C