[TriLUG] TriLUG ReplyTo

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 09:10:10 EDT 2004

I forgot to actually state my opinion on how it should be set when I replied
moments ago... I prefer reply-to to go to the list by default.  It is in fact a
list and most conversations will be held within the confines of the list.
However, you have to think about what was said below by Phil, yes, someone may
specifically set a reply-to, say on something offered (like hardware) which
only requires off-list replies.  Still, some email clients do things
differently than others, so there's no guarantee the reply-to is there for a
specific message b/c the sender wanted it to be there.

I certainly feel reply-to should include the list email.  I'm un-opinionated as
to whether it should be stripped or not first.

laters,
David M.