[TriLUG] Any opinions about MandrakeOnline?

Magnus Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Mon May 3 13:51:31 EDT 2004

On 3 May 2004, Jon Carnes wrote:

> Anyone using MandrakeOnline to keep their systems up-to-date? Any
> opinions good or bad?
>
> I brought up a new server on our network using Mandrake 10. It offers a
> RHN type service for ~$21/year/system. If it's as good as RHN then
> that's a deal.

Jon, as an alternative, yum is free.  It scales well, and can let you
apply different package groups to different servers based on group
membership and an XML file that follows the same DTD as comps.xml from the
install discs.

This doesn't really answer your question, but hopefully gives you some
free alternatives to solve your problem.