[TriLUG] Installing SSL Certificates for VHOSTS

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu May 6 15:56:44 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 13:56, spain at ncssm.edu wrote:
> I recreated a self-signed cert for an application server that's running
> about 10 websites.. I need to create CSR's for 3 different websites.. if I
> use the /usr/share/ssl/certs make certreq
>
> does that overwrite the selfsigned cert in
> /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key ?

This depends on your setup - if you are using the generic directions
then yes.  I think you'll find this doesn't matter as the generated cert
is site-wide and associated with the IP - not the domain name.

All the sites hosted off this machine (assuming one external IP) will
use the same cert.

http://www.trilug.org/~jonc/CA_setup/index.html

Jon Carnes