[TriLUG] Mandrake 10 and Netgear 54g PCMCIA card

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Sat May 8 09:38:49 EDT 2004

Walt's Woodworking wrote:
> I have recently installed the Mandrake 10 Community distro (from Linux Format magazine) and an trying to make it work on my NEC Versa LX laptop. Has anyone had success in making this card work with M10? It works fine on the same platform with Windows XP Home.
>
> TIA,
> Walt Novinger
> Raleigh, NC

Have you ever gotten it to work with any other distro?

802.11g products like the Netgear 54g are notoriously non-supported by
Broadcom (who makes all of the chips).  There are a couple of projects
out there to allow the running of windows drivers under linux, one
free[1] and one non-free[2] if I remember correctly.

1: http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/
2: http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/

Joseph