[TriLUG] Re: OT: Dial-Up ISP

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Mon May 10 12:33:00 EDT 2004

The modems do provide a good bit of troubling shooting capability.
After the one drone hung up on me, I called back. Once I described my
problem the second tech simply tried to connect to my modem, they can
do that somehow. When he couldn't he asked me again the status of the
LEDs. Once he was satisfied that the modem was up, but the network
wasn't working, he opened a ticket. A couple days later, TWC guy knocks
on the door, does some tests and fixes something in the box by the
road. Bingo, traffic.

My problem was solved without being asked what OS I was on or doing
anything more than power cycling the modem.

Ken