[TriLUG] "Palm" devices

Jaimie Livingston jaimie at onebutterfly.com
Tue May 11 11:44:58 EDT 2004

As a longtime user of both stylus and thumbboard, I think it's primarily a personal
decision. I've found that with practice, I can write with a stylus using Graffiti just as
quickly and accurately as I can with a pencil and paper. There was a time when I was using
Graffiti so often that I started using it when taking notes on paper, which really annoyed
my wife.

But that's with practice and only for general purpose note taking. For new users, users
who don't want to take the time to practice with the sometimes odd alphabets used by the
various Hand Rec systems, or situations where case sensitivity is _really_ important, I
find some sort of keyboard to be more efficient. Personally, I don't like even thumbboards
for such situations and have purchased "full-size" add on keyboards. Palm made a very good
folding keyboard for the Palm III/VII series that I liked a lot.

Jaimie