[TriLUG] iSCSI SAN thingies with Mandrake kernel

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Thu May 13 09:07:53 EDT 2004

Fyi

-----Original Message-----
From: Kelley Osburn [mailto:Kelley.Osburn at lefthandnetworks.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 8:08 AM
To: jim at neuse.net; fred at billbinder.com
Subject: Thanks

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the opportunity to speak to your group.  I hope they learned a
bit,  ate a bit,  were entertained a bit,  and liked the trinkets!  All
kidding aside,  I was impressed with your group's turn out as well as their
technical abilities (got a lot of good questions)  and willingness to look
at new interesting technologies.  I would appreciate it if you would forward
them this personal thank you for attending my session.  I have included some
good links below my signature and if anyone has any questions (or would like
to buy my solution!!!)  they are welcome to e-mail or call me at any time.

Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Kelley Osburn

Kelley Osburn
Regional Sales Manager
Southeast and Mid-Atlantic Region
Office:  770.645.6099
Mobile:  404.434.5553

kelley.osburn at lefthandnetworks.com
http://www.lefthandnetworks.com/sales/flash.php
www.lefthandnetworks.com

Thanks for your interest in LeftHand Networks. The LeftHand SAN gives you
the power of a storage area network, combined with the simplicity of
Ethernet.  Click here to view the IP SAN Flash Demo.   Before viewing the
demo, please make sure sound is enabled on your PC.

Our IP SAN solution offers all the benefits of storage area networks without
the complexity:

A combined software and hardware platform that installs right on your
existing Ethernet network -- there's no learning curve, no expensive Fibre
Channel SAN components to purchase, and no complex environment to manage.

Virtualization software that makes all the hardware modules appear as a
single, centralized pool of storage -- you manage one pool instead of the
storage associated with each server. Each server is assigned a volume carved
out from the storage pool; the volume can be expanded dynamically on the
fly. There's also no downtime to add storage capacity.

Support for sophisticated yet simple to manage features such as replication,
snapshot, and failover -- you can implement sound disaster recovery plans or
simplify your backup scenario.

Learn more about our San/iQ Distributed Storage Matrix software and Network
Storage Module hardware on our web site.

We'd like to show you how you can take advantage of LeftHand Networks'
compelling IP SAN technology to address your storage needs for Microsoft
Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, and file sharing applications. We can help
you with server consolidation, local and geographic disaster recovery, and
disk-to-disk backup projects.

For additional information on our solution please check out the links
included at the bottom of this email.

Take a look at our iSCSI and Microsoft Support announcements!
• LeftHand SAN receives Designed for Windows® Logo Qualification
• LeftHand Networks Announces Support for iSCSI Protocol
• LeftHand Networks Signs Definitive Agreement with Microsoft

Interesting IP SAN Implementations:
• MAPICS - Manufacturing ERP Provider Leverages IP SAN to Consolidate
Business-Critical Information
• Denver Health - Metro hospital consolidates servers with IP-SAN
• Gold Systems - Voice recognition company reduces storage TCO with LeftHand
Networks IP-SAN
Product Data Sheets:
• IP SAN Storage Solution Overview
• Distributed Storage Matrix Software
• Network Storage Module 100 (NSM 100)
• Network Storage Module 200 (NSM 200)
White Papers:
• The Evolution of Networked Storage
• Updating your Windows Storage Environment with an IP SAN
• IP-Based Storage Virtualization
Recent News:
• Denver Museum of Nature & Science Honored with "Best Practices in Storage"
Award at Storage Networking World Fall 2003
• Lefthand Networks Looks Beyond DAS
• Lefthand Networks embraced by Local Government Agencies
• Lefthand Networks Announces Affordable, IP-based Replication for
Multi-Site Implementations
• IP SAN helps city serve community better