[TriLUG] Dell server assistant and RHAS2.1

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 12:36:27 EDT 2004

aha!  :)  there's always a valid reason... just had to ask!  :)
FWIW, I installed RH 7.2 on Dell PE (I forget the model), dual P3-733, 2GB ram,
SCSI backplane for RAID 5, worked beautifully, did have to download the linux
SCSI drivers.  The RAID even died once, when we replaced the bad drive, Dell
even helped me run the linux utils necessary to rebuild the array with the new
drive in place.  I think they were actually adaptec utils... don't recall, been
3 years?

David M.