[TriLUG] wep and linux

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at triad.rr.com
Thu May 13 16:21:35 EDT 2004

No, it will not be retained to the next boot.  What distro are you using?

If you want this to be a consistent setting, you'll have to put it into your
startup scripts somewhere.  I use Mandrake 10.0, and it has a network
configuration frontend that lets me specify an essid, wep, etc. that it
automatically uses at boot.  Otherwise, you can just track down where in your
startup scripts the system calls iwconfig for the last time, and modify some
setting there.

Or, you could put it in rc.local which I think is generally one of the last
things to run.

Michael