[TriLUG] Using Self Signed CA to sign CSR's from other webservers

spain at ncssm.edu spain at ncssm.edu
Fri May 14 16:38:42 EDT 2004

I've gotten the Self-Signed CA setup fine, and now I need to sign several
csr's (created thru openssl ) from other webservers that will be certified
by My CA.. For websites that aren't running on the same box as the CA, do I
just create requests and sign it and then export it to the other webservers
or is there some script available to sign a csr..

I found a ./sign.sh with mod_ssl that is seems to do that function, however,
it gave me errors when I tried to run it..

I had no problem creating reqs and crts using the with the ./CA for websites
running on the same box, but now I need to export them to external servers..
There is really a scarcity of info on the internet

any help is greatly appreciated..

Jamil