[TriLUG] OT:<rant>Intrex just lost a customer</rant>

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Sun May 16 21:03:17 EDT 2004

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 08:05:20PM -0400, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> On Sun, 16 May 2004, Brian Daniels wrote:
> >
> > Assuming you meant Fry's Electronics, then yes, please!  Those places are
> > geek nirvana, and we've got nothing like them around here.  I spent two
> > hours in one on my last visit to San Francisco...
> >
> > --Brian
>
> Ugh - speaking of customer service! They're really terrible, although the
> sheer geek value of having them around was nice.
>
> http://www.accesscom.com/~dave6592/frys.html

I only get to visit occasionally so I don't have a large set of experiences
with them.  But, I can relate the following:

Last August I was there and bought a cell headset that was defective
out-of-the-box.  Walked back in, swapped it, no problems, on my way in 10
minutes.

On another visit, I wanted to take a close look at a $650 digital camera.
The salesperson got one out of the back, opened the box, and let me play
with it.  He was pleasant and helpful, even when I decided not to buy it.

In any case, I'd happily put up with bad customer service if it meant I
could have that selection of electronics/components/tools/etc/etc/etc a
short drive away rather than having to mail order everything!

--Brian

---
Question with boldness even the existence of a god;
because if there be one he must approve of the
homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear.

--Thomas Jefferson, Aug. 10, 1787

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net