[TriLUG] OT:Fry's Electronics was:[<rant>Intrex just lost a customer</rant>]

Rick DeNatale rick at denhaven2.homeip.net
Mon May 17 16:22:36 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 09:25 -0400, Jim Wright wrote:
> >From the Fry's website...
>
> "The Sacramento, San Diego, Tempe, Wilsonville, and Arlington stores are
> all works in progress."
>
> I'm assuming that means VA...lucky bastard. And I don't think they
> franchise.

No, I think it means Arlington Tx. That would jibe with the fact that
they say they have six stores in Texas but only describe the decor in
five of them.

Same thing for:
 Northern California - Seven stores total, six described, and one,
Sacramento, a work in progress.
 Southern California - Eight stores total, seven described, and one San
Diego, a work in progress.
 Arizona - Two stores total, Phoenix is described, Tempe a work in
progress, although I know that the Tempe store has been open at least a
couple of years now.
and Oregon - One store total, Wilsonville a work in progress.

So nothing east of Tejas so far.

I do get hope occasionally when I look at the back of my Kroger Plus
card, although I don't know what the current connection between the
Fry's food and drug stores and Fry's electronics is.