[TriLUG] retrieving a tar from tape

Byarlay, Wayne A. wab at purdue.edu
Tue May 18 11:10:08 EDT 2004

Oh. Yes, I do rewind the tapes manually; that has not been a problem.
Maybe I could make it easier by using /dev/st0, I'll try that in the
future. Thanks.

I just don't know how to retrieve this archive off the tape... probably
just a question of syntax.

Do I need to specify a filename, such as "backup.tar", when I write to
the tape?

wab.