[TriLUG] Port 25 blocked

Stephen Hoffman srhoffman at bellsouth.net
Tue May 18 11:56:44 EDT 2004

Well,
    Bellsouth suckered me into upgrading to thier extreme package and
unbenknownst to me they are blocking incoming and outgoing ports 25,
139 and a few other odd ones.  I could care less about samba, but I'm
more worried about mail.
    Has anyone on the list had to work around a closed port 25, and how
did you do it.  I've already looked into MOXY since I have access to
several servers, but I don't want to create my personal accounts on
these machines.  So I could switch sendmail to listen on port 26 and
have a different machine mail proxy the messages to me.
   Another thought I had was to setup some sort of mail collection server
that received *@domain.com and put it into a spool file that I pop'd
into, pulled down and fed to sendmail or procmail.
   Does anyone else have any other suggestions, what has worked best for
others?

TIA
Steve