[TriLUG] Port 25 blocked

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Tue May 18 14:47:35 EDT 2004

Once again, Good News from Intrex.Net!  :)

We're also rolling out the 3M/368k DSL service, and would be glad to
have you (and other TriLUGers bit by the same problem) as a customer.
We have worked up a special package available only to TriLUG members,
specifically to address this problem.  The service goes something like this:
3Mbit / 384Kbit - $54.99 / month with a blocked dynamic IP address (no
servers, or business customers)
Residential Static IP address - $5 (good for VPN, remote management, etc)
Unblocked Static IP address - $10 (good for hosting servers, mail, dns,
web, etc)
Total cost for what you were expecting from BellSouth, $64.99 / month.
3 Megabits download, 384Kilobits upload, and the freedom to run what
ever servers you'd like.

We are not normally going to offer an unblocked IP address to
residential customers.  Non-TriLUG members, to get the same benefit,
would have to subscribe to the business class service (which we will
sell you on a residential line, by the way).  The business class service
will be a bit more expensive, but comes with a wide-open static IP
address.  It will still be significantly cheaper than the BellSouth
business class service.

We're also offering two other slower DSL services, including a budget
256Kbit / 128Kbit service for $34.99 / month, as well as a standard
1.5Mbit / 256Kbit service for $49.99 / month.  The same static IP
address layouts apply for these services, as well as the option to get
an unblocked static IP address for only $10 / month.

If anyone has any questions about the new services, or the other Intrex
TriLUG discounts, feel free to give me a call at our offices (919)
573-5488 x102.

Aaron S. Joyner
System Administrator
Intrex.Net Internet Services