[TriLUG] OT:<rant>Intrex just lost a customer</rant>

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Tue May 18 16:04:42 EDT 2004

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 11:40:21AM -0400, Christopher L Merrill wrote:
> Mike M wrote:
> >ESD is a risk, but it's effectiveness may be overstated.
>
> It should be noted that the properties of static transmission through
> the human body varies greatly from person to person.  I, too, have
> handled lots of hardware without ever taking much precautions...and have
> never had a problem.  But I have a friend who starts loosing components
> as soon as he takes the cover off.  I'd swear he can ruin boards just
> by looking at them.

I think you may be on to something here.  I have a lot of surface
moisture which probably makes for good charge disapation.  The sock on
the concrete just adds to the disapation.   The persperationally
challenged may be able to store charge more efficiently, and therefore
pose a greater risk to circuits.

--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.