[TriLUG] Re: Need a Stupid Sendmail trick

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Wed May 26 17:00:33 EDT 2004

If you are using a recent version of sendmail, this should be easy.
Port 587 is designated as a submission port for email clients unable
to access port 25 for whatever reason.  On recent Red Hat systems you
just need to uncomment the correct line in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and
remake the sendmail.cf file.  I've been using this feature to support
email submission using STARTTLS on my server at home for quite a while.

Lemme know if you need more pointers/assistance.

--[Lance]

--
  Celebrate The Circle: http://www.celebratethecircle.org/
  Carolina Spirit Quest:  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/