Effice-wha? Re: [TriLUG] Review and Install HowTo for the Sharp Actius MM20 laptop

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Tue Jun 1 15:37:16 EDT 2004

No Problem, hope it was interesting.  As for the Efficeon processors, I
think they are primarily in Laptops, but they are also aiming for
embedded devices, High Density Blade servers and any other device that
needs a CPU in tight quarters.  You can find more info here:

http://www.transmeta.com/efficeon/

They came out late last year, so no idea on how many manufactures have
started using them.  Sharp was one of the first when they used the
Efficeon for the MM20 laptop. As mentioned in my review, the Kernel only
received full support for the New North Bridge chipset (integrated into
the Processor) in the 2.6.5 kernels and later.

-David

--
David A. Cafaro
dac(at)cafaro.net