[TriLUG] need better router

Smith, Brett bsmith at bloodhoundinc.com
Wed Jun 2 13:22:51 EDT 2004

I might have a Dual P5 mobo + 2 133mhz processors + Some memory (64mb+) I
could part with if you pay shipping.
If you are interested send me an email.

BTW I use a Dual P5 166 + 250mb HD + IPCop and it works like a champ.

Brett Smith
IS Team
Bloodhound, Inc.
2520 Meridian Parkway, Suite 500
Durham, N.C.  27713
(919) 313-1619
bsmith at bloodhoundinc.com

Mike M wrote:

>>>Maybe if you buy retail.
>>>
>>>Give Bruce Smith an email.  He isn't very active in TriLUG anymore but
>>>probably has what you're after very inexpensively.
>>>bruce.smith at bbandt.com.
>>

>> It would be cool to get more mem for those old boxes.  I'll try Bruce
>> posting a "wanted" solicitation on the list.

>>>For strictly a router/firewall?  I'd go for more the 75MHz box.
>>

>> Ah, the list oracle splits 50-50.  Coin toss time.

>I'll break the tie and go for the p-75 with more ram.  The advantage to
>openbsd/pf over the things like clark connect and smoothwall is being
>able to get something working with a tiny hdd, and little ram.

>My pf box at home has an 800 MB drive in it, and I think it's only using
>about 300 MB for a stripped down, pf only install

>>>Absolutely.

>The boot floppy is your friend.

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipients(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information of Bloodhound Software, Inc.. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.