[TriLUG] User Friendliness

Magnus Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Fri Jun 4 08:14:43 EDT 2004

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Jeff Tickle wrote:

> We need to show some good designers the awesome power of The Gimp to
> entice them over to Linux, and get them to pump out interfaces for us.

IMO, Gimp is a perfect example of a *bad* app.  Anyone who has used
Photoshop will likely recoil at the bad UI design and complete lack of
intuitiveness in the Gimp.  IMHO, this app is in dire need of a complete
UI rewrite (I think I heard something along those lines was coming, but
whether or not it will be as easy as PS is another matter).