[TriLUG] User Friendliness

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Fri Jun 4 08:31:12 EDT 2004

Good thoughts, but most people are non techies and are lazy. They don't care
HOW an OS works, they just want it made simple for them to accomplish a
task. Given the choice between Microsoft spoon feeding or telling them to
read MAN pages to figure Linux out M$ will rule. If there were no other
option then your logic would work, but facts are facts these people are used
to things being dirt simple and they don't want you to make them think.

Since these people are the majority of users at the moment, any OS that
wants to challenge M$ has to accept that low user commitment and "why cant
I...?" expectation and move on. To be elitist and hold on to "we shouldn't
dumb things down" yet expect the lemmings to set out on their own is
unrealistic.

Dave S