[TriLUG] need better router

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Sat Jun 5 20:10:08 EDT 2004

Being pro FreeBSD, I would have to say that one thing that seperates them
is FreeBSD seems to have better documentation.  Both commercially
published and online.  I run FreeBSD on our firewall at work and have had
no problems, while  OpenBSD aims to be more secure I have never had
security issues with FreeBSD.    I have two web servers running FreeBSD
without any problems either.  One reason I liked Freebsd when I first
started out was FreeBSD's website was easier to navigate and was less
intimidating the OpenBSD or NetBSD.  Of course I have always had x86
hardware except for a Old Sparc that NetBSD wouldn't run on.  Also I think
FreeBSD is farther ahead in SMP, but I can't definitively qaulify that.
Anyhow that's my completely biased opinion.

Matt Pusateri

FreeBSD/Gentoo (see I use linux too:) )