[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] And now from the get rid of Ma and PaBell for good department: how to set up your own Asterix server

Glen Ford gford at idiom.com
Mon Jun 7 09:40:02 EDT 2004

Mark Turner wrote:

> Oh, geez, thanks Jon! Now I've got nothing left to teach! <g>
>
> Y'all come by June 12th, where I'll be reading select passages from
> the Thomas the Train series.
>
> Jon Carnes wrote:
>
>> You've got your priorities right.
>>
>> As for installing Asterisk, that is really very easy:
>>   http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=download

It would be nice to talk through a simple dialplan.
Also would be fun/useful to identify folks who would like to try talking
Asterisk to Astersik as part of their learning curve.
I for one do not have the $$ to buy another server, yet want to learn
howto use IAX to interact with a remote Asterisk server.

I am very grateful to those folks who contribute so much to the TriLug.
It is wonderful to have the opprotunity to learn a valuable skills at
little or no cost.

Thanks,
/Glen

--