[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] And now from the get rid of Ma and PaBell for good department: how to set up your own Asterix server

Glen Ford gford at idiom.com
Mon Jun 7 11:40:59 EDT 2004

Jon Carnes wrote:

>>It would be nice to talk through a simple dialplan.
>>Also would be fun/useful to identify folks who would like to try talking
>>Asterisk to Astersik as part of their learning curve.
>>I for one do not have the $$ to buy another server, yet want to learn
>>howto use IAX to interact with a remote Asterisk server.
>>
>>I am very grateful to those folks who contribute so much to the TriLug.
>>It is wonderful to have the opprotunity to learn a valuable skills at
>>little or no cost.
>>

>>Thanks,
>>/Glen
>>
>>--
>>Glen Ford
>>gford at idiom.com
>>

>I don't have Static IP at my house, but I'm willing to play from my home
>box - I'd have to share with you my current IP during your tests.
>
>I'm very interested in playing with IAX trunking as well. I'm especially
>interested in how well the trunk works while staying inside RoadRunners
>cloud.
>
>Jon Carnes

Jon,

    Thank you very much! I too am in RR cloud.
I am just learning so set expectations accordingly.
Should we work out logistics outside of list?

My goal is to learn how to do the following:
1. Place call to POTS line of Asterisk#1
2. Authenticate myself. (pin code?)
3. Be dropped into voice menu that gives me choice of people to call.
4. select who to call and have Asterisk#1 tell Asterisk#2 to place the
call out its PSTN line.

--
Glen Ford
gford at idiom.com