[TriLUG] Non-profit donor-management/membership/fundraising software [slightly OT?]

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Jun 7 14:17:28 EDT 2004

I'm involved in a non-profit that seriously needs to computerize its
tracking of annual memberships, donations, and embark on additional
fundraising. For example, it should be able to know whose yearly
memberships are expiring, and make it easy to print out reminder
letters.  An e-mail facility would be handy, too.

I  have little experience in this area of software, and what we need
wouldn't be too complex, but we'd rather not reinvent the wheel.  Does
anyone have experience with this and any suggestions?  A google search
yields quite a few choices.

Ideally it would be something that either runs on Linux, or is
web-based, so that I could use it easily, though the others who need it
would probably be using Windows.  I wouldn't be 100% objectionable to
something Windows-based that's known to work in Crossover office or
similar, however.

--Jeremy