[TriLUG] Non-profit donor-management/membership/fundraising software [slightly OT?]

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Jun 8 10:59:08 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 10:39, Brad Oaks wrote:

> The nonprofit I work most with uses a product called 'ebase'
> (http://www.ebase.org/) and has been quite happy with it.  It's source
> is released under a BSD license and in nearly free at $50/yr for some
> additional goodies; it's free to use the main module.  It is available
> for only Windows and Mac though.  I really wish they'd port it to
> Linux.  I haven't tried it under Crossover.
>
> It is based on the FileMaker database.  You don't need to buy FileMaker
> to use ebase, but if you have FileMaker, then you can modify the ebase
> application quite a bit.

Thanks for the recommendation; I found eBase when I was looking around,
but was totally turned off by the FileMaker requirement.  You have to
have a FileMaker server ($750) if you want multiple people to access the
database, which is probably a requirement.

I also found a couple service-based web sites that do this type of thing
for a small monthly fee.  This may work nicely so that multiple people
can access it (since we have no 'office' with a primary computer to work
on), and it should work fine in Linux.  :-)

--Jeremy