[TriLUG] Sprint DSL

William Schulz sws at trilug.org
Tue Jun 8 16:49:44 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 02:47:30PM -0400, Greg Brown wrote:
> Does anyone use Sprint DSL?

Yes, unfortunately.

>  Do they block any ports?

Not that I've noticed.

> Is the service good?

Define 'good'.  For me, the service usually goes down no more than once
per day, so, from that aspect, yes, it's good.  The speed is abominable
(relative to the RR I had in Raleigh and to the BellSouth DSL I have
installed at work).  On a good day, I max out at 60KB  down, regardless
of whether I have the 1.5Mb service or not.  If I need to download
something big, I fire up my laptop, and use the Nextel Broadband
service to do it.

For another outlook,   ask my brother (NatRH) on IRC sometime.   He
lives a block from me, and his service is up a couple hours a  day on
good days.  On others, well, be prepared for the answer.

There is light at the end of the rainbow, however, as TWC has been busy
burying cable through this neighborhood and in the surrounding areas for
a little over a month now.

SWS