[TriLUG] OT: Linux Friendly Laptop Forsale

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Wed Jun 9 12:11:06 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,
    I am selling my old laptop. I drank the Kool-Aid and am a happy
Powerbook user now. The specs are below. I used it for about 2 1/2
years, so it is not new. Everything works. The battery holds a charge,
though I rarely used it. The only thing I don't know about is the
built-in WinModem. I never used it, not once. It shouldn't be an issue
because I'm including the Xircom  card. The couple times I needed a
modem, I used the one on the card. The Xircom is very Linux friendly,
as is all the hardware. I never had any issue getting video, sound, or
network to work under Linux. The first thing I did when I bought it was
load RH8, then I went RH9 and lastly FC1. None had any problems with
it. I also played with Debian and Mandrake a couple times. Again there
were no hardware problems. I used this machine daily as my work machine
and it never skipped a beat. The fan is kind of loud, the bottom gets
hot and the case has some minor usage damage. It's been used, but
everything still works fine.

    I have all the original packing and the restore CDs. I'll wipe the
drive or reload the XP Home it came with, buyer's choice.

    Please reply privately, not to the list.

Ken

Asking $400

HP Pavilion ZE1110
14" screen
1GHz Duron processor
512MB PC100 RAM
20GB HD
4x DVD RAM
Built-in Sound
2 USB1.1 ports
DB25 Parallel Port
External VGA connector
Including:
Xircom Cardbus Realport 10/100 56kbs PCMCIA card
            (no dongles or XJacks)

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin
" 'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human liberty; it
is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."--William Pitt