[TriLUG] VHS Tapes, Digital Video Cameras and DVD Recorders

Jeff Tickle jtickle at jtsoft.net
Thu Jun 10 08:27:40 EDT 2004

Howdy..

My Dad wants to start a fun little conversion project.  He has a bunch
of VHS tapes that he'd like to convert to DVDs, plus some stuff he's
recorded on a digital video camera (not sure of the model... so we'll
just assume it works with Linux until I find out otherwise.)

Does anyone have experience doing this with Linux?  One thing I'm going
to have to do is make the entire process as easy as possible.  I haven't
done much research yet but I just wanted to get word from any of your
experiences.  The two things I have absolutely no clue how to do are
take the video from the camera and write video to a DVD.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Tickle <jtickle at jtsoft.net>
JTSoft.net